Friday, October 13, 2006

Boston Camp - Nunavut - "As The Drill Turns"

Okay, So I've been at Boston Camp for about 3 weeks now the First 2 weeks Jessa was here. We had a great time going out for walks to the Inukchuk and down to the Lake...Jessa even found a Rock Gym for doing step ups.... I unfortunately didn't see any Northern Lights yet but perhaps I'll still see some......Check out the Bear that greeted us at the airport in Yellowknife. We flew in on a tiny plane which I'm sure I could reach across. This plane actually couldn't get in today because of fog so I am stranded here for an extra day..... In the pictures you can see Jessa on the plane and a view from my seat up to the front... Behind me was the cargo. It was very cold and loud... we had to wear earplugs and there was no inflight movie or lunch.... In this next picture you can see the Lake... It's called Spider Lake.... and we are well within the Arctic Circle..... The Lake froze completely a couple of days ago.... I have some pics of the frozen lake... And Jessa, we (Maureen, Bella, and I) got around to that point you wanted to hike to after the lake froze we walked across the narrow part....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh Alyssa, where are you? Looking for some stories about the Great White North... hope you are well, Silvie

Anonymous said...

Heh Alyssa, where are you? Looking for some stories about the Great White North... hope you are well, Silvie